Hark to the bark. Snark in the dark.
Come on, lose those blues and greens!


   Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger

Good reads
Archives
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
<< current

Check to have links open new windows.
September 13, 2005
Mister Roberts
I heard parts of the questioning of Judge Roberts today on NPR. I heard the entire question period for Sens. Hatch and Kennedy this morning, and most of Schumer this evening. Between listening to that and what I've read about the hearings, I'm having a hard time coming up with any good reasons to oppose his nomination. I'm a bit concerned about having a Chief Justice with so little time on the bench before his nomination, and I think Bush has earned a blanket suspicion of anybody he nominates, but I haven't heard someone who sounds like he's going to be in lockstep with Thomas and Scalia.
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to disagree. For three years, the "Horsemen of the Apocalypse" (the self-named GOP cabal who has been vetting SC nominees for the Bush Administration) has worked hard to find the perfect stealth candidate for the SC. Now they have their man, who won't answer a straight question regardless, and who has the steely eyed glint to make me suspect more than just mere right wing motives are at play here. He's going to dismantle the Great Society and the New Deal and we're going to be a corporate fascist state before this guy finishes his work in 2050. Slick isn't the same as compassionate, nor even sane.

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once, I agree with Steve. Did you miss Robert Reich? He made very good points--most particularly that Judge Roberts' record and language show that he consistently values property rights over human rights.