Hark to the bark. Snark in the dark.
Come on, lose those blues and greens!


   Subscribe with Bloglines


Powered by Blogger

Good reads
Archives
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
<< current

Check to have links open new windows.
October 07, 2005
The return of hockey...
Or "ocqui", as we used to call it in college. I understand the NHL has changed the rules around to "open up the offense" a bit more. I think the NBA-style three-point line is a good idea, as is the option to go for two after a made goal. But really, guys, I don't think that sudden-death curling is going to catch on as a way for deciding tie games.

Half seriously, I don't understand why they don't just make a goal count 3 points or something. That would give the impression of "higher scoring games", and I bet a whole lot of people would buy it. After all, there's the same amount of scoring in a 4-3 hockey game as in a 28-21 football game, but I bet most people wouldn't guess that if you asked them about it.